Being that my house had recently begun to resemble a pigsty, I thought it would be a good idea to cash in on some well-deserved holiday time in an attempt to restore at least some form of order at home. Once the washing was sorted, the floors shined and I’d found enough hair bobbles to open my own flippin’ shop, at around teatime I sat at the dinning table looking down at the pile of models that my wife is forever bleating at me to shift from the bookcase. (I always intend to put them away, but I just never seem to get round to it – you know how it is!) Among them was the – now infamous, and still unfinished – helbrute, and the most `recent’ batch of Plague Marines that I’d painted, which seems so long ago now my memory fails to recall the exact details of when that was.
In the light of seeing these models, and experiencing a feeling of great shame, a feeling I’m growing all too familiar with, I’ve decided to set a challenge to myself and my fellow co-bloggers. The goal, if they accept: Paint at least one character, unit, vehicle or monstrous creature before the month’s up. I haven’t told either of them yet, so let’s see if they embrace the challenge or end up running scared…
As part of my own target, I’ve decided to stick with my ol’ friend helbrute. I’ve attached some additional details today, including an icon I acquired from the Blightkings set, so it shouldn’t take me too long (he says, ha!) before I get cracking with some actual painting.
Here’s to hoping,