A few weeks ago I ordered a selection of bits from www.bitsandkits.co.uk. Included were several Wracks, which I had intended to mount on my transports to represent the crew manning the sophisticated hull weaponry available to Dark Eldar, and a variety of Nurgle bits from both the Maggoth Lords and Blightkings sets.
On the morning they arrived, I excitedly tore open the small jiffy package, fully expecting its contents to reveal the entirety of the order I’d placed a mere three days earlier. Yet, to my utter annoyance, however, the parcel was light – two Wracks and a Blightkings head light, to be precise. Despite this, in a clearly half-jacked attempt to rectify the problem, the company had included two replacement items. Both of which completely useless to my cause, I must add. Moreover, the replacement items they sent didn’t equate to the value of that which I’d paid. Immediately after my discovery, then, I e-mailed the company to bring the missing parts to their attention. Three weeks on, I’m still awaiting a response! Needless to say, I won’t be returning my custom. Beware, guys…
Nevertheless, I still managed to make good use of the parts I did receive. I had originally intended to use the Blightkings heads on a Toughness 6, Nurgle bike squad I’m on the verge of building. However, once I saw the parts, I realised that they would be simply too large for Chaos Marine-sized helmets. Instead of discarding them to my bits tin for all eternity, though, I remembered seeing a really cool helbrute conversion by Wadugast over on Convert or Die, which largely inspired the finishing touches I decided to apply to my own version. It’s took a while to figure it out, but I’m glad to say the conversion process is finally finished!