Following on from the brilliant new additions made to James’ Tzeentch army recently, I thought I’d take this opportunity to share one of my own. Well, it isn’t exactly a new addition, as such, but rather a completely fresh start for my Death Guard. That’s right, the rest of my models are sat in striping solution as I type this update… (Gulp!)
You see, when I painted Typhus late last year, I decided upon a slightly modified technique for painting Death Guard armour. By doing so, of course, I created a problem for myself – my models simply didn’t match! It could be argued that Nurgle models don’t need to share the uniformity of, say, White Scars or Ultramarines – this much is true. But for me, personally, having a degree of uniformity is still important. The contrast between Typhus and my older stuff just plain irritated me, to put it frankly. Therefore, starting over mightn’t be all that bad, really. Most importantly, however, I’m hopeful this could signal the end of the hobby-slump I’ve found myself in lately.