Instead of painting Plague Marines yesterday, I thought I’d take a break and start work on some Nurgle Spawn conversions I’ve had in the pipeline for a while. Being that I’m not a massive fan of the actual spawn models themselves, I decided to opt for some Forge World Plague Ogryns to act as my nigh-unstoppable toughness 6 unit, which I reckon are a pretty sound alternative.
As there isn’t much scope to mix and match the parts that come with these models, I built the first three the way the sculptor intended, but, after acquiring two more from eBay, I thought adding some additional parts and green-stuff would be a great way to add some suitably-horrific variations.
With a bit of luck, I’m confident I can have these guys on the painting table as soon as next week. In the meantime, I should have the first five of my 14 Plague Marines completed to go towards the 1000 points worth of models I would like finished before Christmas.
More to follow soon…