The New Batch

John2

Having applied the final touches to my Plague Marines over a month ago, this one’s well overdue. I won’t bore readers with a bunch of irrelevant excuses, although I beleive a more stringent process for updating Slow And Purposeful is certainly in order. If anyone out there cares, why not leave a comment below and let us know what you’d like to see more of in our updates. As much I enjoy blogging, I’m still relatively new to this game and bringing you all enjoyable content is what I strive to do – and our followers’ collective input would be extremely helpful to us!

img_20161005_152816
Plague Marines

Since my last update, I’ve  made some decent headway with the unit of Nurgle Spawn, which are gradually getting closer to completion. Here’s one I snapped last week against a beautiful Play-Doh backdrop:

20160913_101454-1
A converted, grizzly-looking Nurgle Spawn.

Until next time,

Peace J.

WIP: Nurgle Spawn

John2

Instead of painting Plague Marines yesterday, I thought I’d take a break and start work on some Nurgle Spawn conversions I’ve had in the pipeline for a while. Being that I’m not a massive fan of the actual spawn models themselves, I decided to opt for some Forge World Plague Ogryns to act as my nigh-unstoppable toughness 6 unit, which I reckon are a pretty sound alternative.

As there isn’t much scope to mix and match the parts that come with these models, I built the first three the way the sculptor intended, but, after acquiring two more from eBay, I thought adding some additional parts and green-stuff would be a great way to add some suitably-horrific variations.

With a bit of luck, I’m confident I can have these guys on the painting table as soon as next week. In the meantime, I should have the first five of my 14 Plague Marines completed to go towards the 1000 points worth of models I would like finished before Christmas.

More to follow soon…

John.

A Rustle In The Warp…

John2

Following on from the brilliant new additions made to James’ Tzeentch army recently, I thought I’d take this opportunity to share one of my own. Well, it isn’t exactly a new addition, as such, but rather a completely fresh start for my Death Guard. That’s right, the rest of my models are sat in striping solution as I type this update… (Gulp!)

You see, when I painted Typhus late last year, I decided upon a slightly modified technique for painting Death Guard armour. By doing so, of course, I created a problem for myself – my models simply didn’t match! It could be argued that Nurgle models don’t need to share the uniformity of, say, White Scars or Ultramarines – this much is true. But for me, personally, having a degree of uniformity is still important. The contrast between Typhus and my older stuff just plain irritated me, to put it frankly. Therefore, starting over mightn’t be all that bad, really. Most importantly, however, I’m hopeful this could signal the end of the hobby-slump I’ve found myself in lately.

Fingers crossed.

Peace J.

Typhus.png
It Begins…